Thursday, April 22, 2010

Check out my Powerpoint...

Click Here


Anna

3 comments:

  1. Anna -

    Your powerpoint looks good - the one thing I was curious about was your fear of picking out one student for fear of making them feel isolated as a "bad" student. I am wondering if you told your student that they were your case study?

    I feel as if I did my case study completely without even having my student know. This simply happened as well because I feel as though I am constantly doing mini-BIPs for all of my students - making small modifications and changes in their daily routines to manage classroom behavior.

    Besides that, I love how you say you had your students "act out" appropriate and inappropriate behavior. I feel like practice is the best kinesthetic way to help students udnerstand how they should be controlling their mouths and their bodies.

    I also love that you posed it as : "How can we help Ms. Gus become the best teacher?" What a great way to make it authentic!

    Great work!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anna!!

    Great work, as always! It was so nice after reading all your blogs about your BIP to somewhat see it all together as a complete work. I remembered from previous blogs that you said you did not pick out a single child just because in the beginning you did not have a single child with behavior issues? Did I remember that correctly? Just curious!
    Also thank you for sharing that tip about saying 'how can they help us be the best teacher?' It's amazing how the phrasing of the quesitons you ask can change things. By asking it this way, we have put the responsiblity on us and they feel more important that way!

    Thanks for sharing Anna!!

    ~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have found it interesting all along how you call your behavior strategies "tricks." Maybe you could share some of your tricks with me :)
    I loved how you were seeming to let your children take some control of the behavior in your classroom. The hall monitor, is a great way to instill ownership in your students. I think that as the teacher it would be a way to show the students how frustrating it is when the students do not follow directions. I think that the students will also better understand why there are certain rules in the classroom if they are the ones enforcing them, it is their responsibility!
    Your powerpoint was great! I saw that Melissa talked about your fear for picking out one student. Well in my case, the student was sort of already drawing attention because he was always distracting the rest of the class and taking a lot of my attention. It only seemed appropriate that I try something new besides name dropping, clearly that wasn't working.
    I hope you have a great summer!!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete